13 June 2012

What the !?#@ Wednesdays, Week 4


Welcome to week #4 of the What the !?#@ Wednesdays series.  For 6 Wednesdays I will be posting a summary of the things that made me think (or say)..."What the !?#@" during the past week. Have you missed any What the !?#@ Wednesdays?  See week 1week 2, & week 3. 


What the !?#@ frustration of the week.
So the order I was so impatiently waiting for a few weeks ago finally came.  It came the day after we left for vacation.  It was my new cell phone.  So it very nicely sat on my kitchen table waiting for me to come home and activate it.  Or so I thought.  While we were in the Grand Canyon, I tried using my current 'old' phone  to call someone, when BAM...I can't make any phone calls.  I call Verizon and they said that my new phone was automatically activated.

Weird.  Did Sammy get bored and decide to play with my new phone?  Sorry cat, but I need the one that's on my person.  So we switched which phone was activated and carried on with our vacation.  Meanwhile, it still annoyed me that I was using my old crappy phone that worked only when it felt like it while my brand new phone was sitting at home waiting for me.

So we get home.  (Vacation details still TBA) After snuggling up to my lonely kitty, I tore open the boxes, put the battery in, and went about the procedures to activate the phone.  I had to call a certain number to continue.  BAM the offices are closed for the night.  Dammit new phone!!!

So I call in the morning, and BAM the activation number won't go through.  So I get on with tech support and they walk me through this whole process to manual enter in these codes and those codes and such and such. About 30 minutes pass and BAM.  Phone will not activate.  Tech support tells me their activation server thing-a-ma-jig is down and to try back in an hour.

An hour goes by, I call.  Nope.
Another hour goes by, I call.  Nope.
This continues on until about 6pm.  Still nothing.

I call Verizon back.  Different tech support guy tells me, "Who ever told you our activation services is down is full of crap, nothing has been wrong with it."

What the !?@#.

So this patient dude walks me through everything all over again, has me on the phone with a few other techies, we are trying all sorts of activation codes.  Nothing.  On the phone an hour.  Do you want to know why?  I live in a small area of the country that does not have a Verizon tower.  And did you know that you need a Verizon tower to activate a Verizon serviced phone?  Mr. Techie is apologizing about this whole ordeal because he can only get my phone half activated.  I have basic cell service and can receive text messages.  

What the !?@#.  The anticipation of getting my new phone totally messed everything up.  Why do I have to get so excited about things?  OOhhhhh Wooooooeeeeee Issss Meeeeeeee!!!!


So here's the low down.  I got my new phone.  It's still only half activated. I need to either go to a Verizon store or go within range of a Verizon tower.  I'm not driving 55 miles to the nearest Verizon store, so I'm just gonna wait until this weekend when I head up to Wichita.  

All this probably doesn't sound too bad to you, but it's just the fact I was looking forward to playing with my new phone, and it's just one thing after another and I STILL can't use it to it's capacity.  It's been nearly 3 weeks by now.  And I had to be on the phone over an hour and a half only to NOT resolve the problem.  Why the !?@# would they mail me a phone I couldn't activate from my home.  WTF bitches, What the !?@#.

I'll let you know if I'm ever able to activate my phone within the next year.


If you enjoyed this post, and would like to follow 'Where in the World is Kacey?', please subscribe here so you don't miss anything! Have something to say? Leave a comment below!

0 comments :

Post a Comment