19 September 2012

TV Series

How often do you get into a conversation with someone about what shows they are watching.  Pretty freaking frequently right?  Right.  Watching a series is terrific, but when it comes to an end, it feels like loosing a limb (no, I'm sure that is not true at all).  What do you do with your time?  What do you watch next?  PANIC!  So I thought it would be good to share what I have watched since joining Netflix/Hulu.  I'm not going to write long reviews or detailed descriptions, but I'll put a sentence or two to encourage you to watch.

I got this idea after reading my friend's  Obsession Confession Sunday about her addiction to Mad Men.  So, thanks Jen!

You can also leave me a comment and I'll add it to the reader suggestion list.  I might even make a new page on this blog for future reference.  So, In no particular order, let's begin.

Law & Order: SVU, no explanation needed.  If a marathon is on (which is nearly every day), I  watch it as though my life depends on it.
30 Rock.  Cause it's funny as shit.  Episodes are short, and you don't need to watch them in order. 
Arrested Development.  It's not just a show, it's magical.  Your life will forever be changed because after watching this series, you'll be referencing and quoting this show on a regular basis.  And you'll feel bad for people who don't get it.
Brotherhood.  Irish gangsters in Rhode Island.  Politics.  Family.  Badassness.
Californication.  David Duchovny, you're such a mess. Lot's of sex, drugs and rock 'n roll.
Cheers.  Aaron and I couldn't watch this unless we were both watching it.  Hundreds of episodes, 11 seasons.  We lived in 2 different states before finishing the series.  It is constantly hilarious, and it was fun to watch for the first time 30 some years later.
Dead Like Me.  Girl gets killed by a toilet seat falling out of the sky, girl becomes a grim reaper.  Girl learns to adapt as a grim reaper working with other grim reapers.
Dexter.  Oh Dexter Morgan, you're such a good person killing those who deserve it.  Hottest serial killer ever. 
Doctor Who.  David Tennant, 10th doctor, and my favorite.  You  either know about Doctor Who or you don't.  It's up to you.
ER.  An oldie but goodie.  I've actually only seen up to season 10 or 11.  There are 15.
Flight of the Conchords.  Ridiculously humorous.  The End.
Frasier.  After Cheers, we recently started on Frasier.  So far we haven't been able to get into it like Cheers, but it's  still funny and since we committed so much time into Cheers, we are working on it.
Glee.  I was almost too embarrassed to list this, but I'm addicted to it.  It's  pretty impressive all these actors actually sing and dance.  It's a great show for young adults with the topics they cover, although I know more grownups that watch this.  Also, I'll watch anything with Jane Lynch in it.  That woman is fabulous.
Gossip Girl.  I still don't know why I like this show so much but I do.  Probably because it's SOO over the top.
Grey's Anatomy.  A guilty pleasure for sure.  A night time soap opera.  Total girl show.  I'm watching it right now as I type this.  It's a good show to multi-task with, which makes me feel better about watching it back to back. 
In Plain Sight.  A quick show and series.  Mary is awesome but her family is so fucked up.
Lost.  Obviously you've heard of this show, and I was one of those 'anti-lost' people.  It wasn't until the 4th season was out that I saw an episode.  I was hooked.  It was a stressful series.  And like every other Lost fan, I hated everyone involved after the series ended. 
Mad Men.  Pretty sure everyone who watches this wishes  they were  a character in this show.  At least we all wish we could smoke cigarettes and drink whiskey and bourbon during work.
My Boys.  Basically, I am P.J. and I my group of guy friends back and drinking beer  at my local bar.
NCIS.  Love this show.  It's another one that's constantly showing re-runs and could watch all day long.
New Girl.  Some people hate it.  Most people love it.  It's dumb and fun .  I also have the biggest girl crush on Zooey Deschanel and I want to believe she is like Jess in real life.  I also want to be best friends with her and live in their apartment.
OZ.  If you don't like graphic shows, this ain't for you.  But if you can stomach any (and I mean  ANY) type of prison scene, watch it.  It's really good.  I loved it.
The Office.  Basically if you have a television or internet, you have no excuse for not watching this.   Especially if you've ever worked in an office or knows someone that has.
Prison Break.  I swear I watched this show for more than Wentworth Miller.  The only thing I wish about this series was that it ended before it did.  It started getting ridiculous, but I was committed.  I may have cried once or twice also throughout the series.
Rome.  A great HBO series.  And it's HBO so there's boobs and sex and blood.
Up All Night.  I LOVE Christina Applegate, and I wish Will Arnett and her  were really married and living like this.  They are so perfect together.  And Maya Rudolph, oh my god, she's so crazy in this show.
Weeds.  A suburban family turned weed dealers.  It's one thing after a hundred .  Mary-Louise Parker as Nancy Botwin  is awkward and aggressive and great in this show.  She has no fucking idea what to do in any situation, and it's what makes this show great.
Carnivale.  1934.  Travel Carnival.  Oklahoma.  Freak Shows.  God.  Heaven & Hell.  Management.  I recommend this show to everyone.
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.  The original.  Another 'always on TV' TV show.  Can't stop won't stop.
Deadwood.  Timothy Olyphant + Ian McShane.  You need to watch this show  just to listen to the cursing.  It is seriously fucking impressive.  Not to mention, everything that happens in this series is badass.  Mega Badass.
Downton Abbey.  Oh the drama.  Drama, Drama, Drama.  And Maggie Smith.
Nip/Tuck.  There isn't anything or anyone Christian Troy and Sean McNamara won't do.  Seriously.  Oh, and apparently the show is about plastic surgery.  
Revenge.  I LOVE this show.  Rich bitches  who deserve all the revenge  that is being served to them.   And really, how do people look this good all the time.
Samantha Who?  Another great Christina Applegate one.  Oh cute girl with amnesia who wakes up a better person.
The Walking Dead.  Okay, some people might think that the zombie thing should be over and done.  But this show is really, REALLY good.  I haven't even finished the 2nd season yet, so no spoilers please!
United States of Tara.  Toni Collette plays Tara who suffers from dissociative identity disorder.  She's a 16 year old rebel, a 50's housewife, a Vietnam vet named Buck and more.  Oh, and Tara has a family.  And it's fucking funny, not to mention a just really well made show.
White Collar.  Matt Bomer, Matt Bomer.  Oh, and Matt Bomer.  Sorry sis, he's mine.

Okay, now it's your turn.  What shows are you watching?  What shows should I watch next?  Leave a comment below!

If you enjoyed this post, and would like to follow 'Where in the World is Kacey?', please subscribe here so you don't miss anything! Also, be sure to check out Kacey's Kitchen for my food blog!

Have something to say? Leave a comment below!

4 comments :

  1. I am the reason you know who Matt Bomer is. He knows that, I know that, and for that reason alone, you have no chance in hell.

    TV Additions:
    How I Met Your mother- hilarious
    24- action packed, a replacement for law and order and white collar after i finished those

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Amsterdam is awesome - until I found out that it was only 8 short episodes. I hate when a good show comes to an end. The Closer is great with Kira Sedgwick. But it is over, but the nice thing is that Major Crimes is filling in the gap with almost all the same crew except for Kira. The Indian lady, can't remember her name now, is a pretty good replacement. Then Firefly is great also, plus the movie. I love White Collar, Royal Pains, Suits, Covert Affairs, The Glades, etc. I am watching Raines now, which seems to be interesting. I will have to go back and watch early episodes of The Closer and check out some of the ones you mentioned above that I haven't seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry sis, I know Matt Bomer because of you, but he no longer remembers you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! Great suggestions. I haven't even heard of New Amsterdam, Raines, or The Glades, I'll have to check it out. And I've heard of Firefly, but have never seen it. Thanks Deb! Hope all is well with you, let's catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete